Wednesday, March 3, 2010

About Your Photographer ~ Monica

blog copy 

Years ago, I looked at wedding photographers as "crazy'.   Then it happened.  My niece needed a photographer for her wedding and asked, well no, she bribed me into photographing her wedding.

On her wedding day I ran around photographing everything, sitting down briefly to enjoy the meal my sister in law lovingly created and a bite of cake.  Then it was back to running around with the camera in hand.

When I got home, all I could think of is "WHEN do I get to do THAT again!!"  Yes, I realized, I was just crazy enough to LOVE wedding photography. There is an adrenal rush involved when photographing a wedding.  I simply can't get enough! 

I shared the photos with my co-workers, asking for their opinions.  That lead me to photographer a coworkers wedding, her sister and  sister-in-laws wedding.  Bring it on!  I wanted more.  The sheer joy, the energy of the day was so motivating and uplifting.

My husband, Sonny joined me on the second wedding with a film camera and we worked well together.  We could anticipate each others actions and were able to cover twice as much for the couple.  He's been beside me ever since photographing weddings.

With each wedding we photograph, we are reminded of our own love for each other, the respect involved and our love for photographing weddings.

What an incredible opportunity we've been given, to photograph and preserve the memories of one your most important events in life!  Feel free to visit me at my personal blog - it's filled with photographs that I take just for the pure joy of playing with my camera.